Dr Fouzhan Hosseini is an HPC application analyst at NAG. She has over 10 years of experience in building parallel applications on various platforms from multi- and many-core hardware to computer clusters exploiting low- to high-level programming technologies where performance always appears as a key part of the work. With a strong background in computer science, she is passionate about promoting best practices in parallel programming and supporting HPC users to improve the performance of their codes. Before joining NAG, she had various research and teaching positions at the University of Leeds, UK, the Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Italy, and the University of Tehran, Iran. She is Chair of the NAG Women in HPC (WHPC) Chapter and advocates for diversity and inclusion at work.
- Visiting Researcher at the School of Computing, University of Leeds
- Workshop Committee member for ACM SIGHPC Education Chapter
- Chair of NAG chapter for Women in HPC
Selected Conference Presentations:
- Promoting HPC Best Practices With the POP Methodology, Strategies for Enhancing HPC Education and Training (SEHET20) workshop@PEARC20, July 2020.
- Skeletons for Distributed Topological Computation, Functional High Performance Computing (FHPC) workshop@ICFP15, Sep 2015.
- Parallel Computation of Multifield Topology, Functional High Performance Computing (FHPC) workshop@ICFP14, Sep 2014.
Selected Invited Talks:
- The Performance Optimisation and Productivity Centre of Excellence: From Improving Parallel Codes to HPC training and education, Workshop on HPC Education and Training for Emerging Technologies (HETET20)@ISC20, June 2020
- How to understand and improve the performance of your parallel applications using the POP Methodology, the University of Leeds and N8 CIR, July 2020.
- A Panel member at the Breaking Boundaries event, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences, University of Leeds, Oct 2019.
- Skeletons for Distributed Topological Computation, Max Planck Institut Informatik, Saarland, Germany, Sep 2018
Previous Community Engagement Activities:
- Instructor, OpenACC Summit GPU Bootcamp, Sep 2020.
- Co-organizer and Instructor, HPC training workshop for researchers aimed at underrepresented groups, University of Sheffield, Jan 2020.
- Women at Leeds Network Committee Member, the University of Leeds, 2015-2019.