When contacting technical support please provide the following information, as a minimum, to enable us to deal with your support request in an efficient and timely manner.
- NAG customer reference number or organisation name and address
- NAG Product name and version (for example - NAG Library Mark 27)
- NAG Product code (for example - NLW6I27DEL)
If you are contacting us about a usage problem or product bug we will happily receive any form of report. We do not require any formal structure for such a message. Naturally though, the more concise and direct the information you provide the easier it will be for us to get to the nub of your issue. In addition to the information above, please try to:
- Include the name of your operating system and whether it is 32- or 64-bit
- Describe the circumstances (e.g. compiler invocation and switches, linking options, any libraries involved) under which the issue arises - if it is occurring during command-line operation then including the precise sequence of commands for triggering the issue, which we could easily copy and paste to recreate on one of our own systems, will be appreciated
- Attach any code that is needed to demonstrate the problem. The more directly this shows the issue the more useful it will be to us. If the issue relies on certain input data, please give us the data. If you are reporting a suspected bug in a compiler or library, it's helpful if you can make your code as small as possible; however, ultimately we will accept responsibility for reducing a large piece of code down to a direct trigger for the problem in question, so please feel free to pass any code 'as is' if you wish and leave the rest of the work to us
As a general rule it is far better if you can give us a complete program and any required data or other modules, rather than giving us code snippets, or general descriptions of problems, which might lead us into misunderstanding the exact nature of an issue. We do appreciate that sometimes you may be constrained in what you can send us, so even if you can't meet all the criteria discussed above, we want to hear about it!
Our core business days are Monday through Friday and our UK and US based offices provide support to cover respective public holidays. It is possible that support calls will be picked up outside of the core hours.
UK, Europe & Rest of the World
08:30 to 17:00 (UTC) (During Daylight saving time the time zone will change to UTC +1:00)
08:30 to 17:00 CST (UTC -6:00) (During Daylight saving time the time zone will change to UTC -5:00)
09:00 to 17:00 JST (UTC +9 hours)