When contacting technical support please provide the following information, as a minimum, to enable us to deal with your support request in an efficient and timely manner.
- NAG customer reference number or organisation name and address
- NAG Product name and version (for example - NAG Library Mark 27)
- NAG Product code (for example - NLW6I27DEL)
If you are contacting us about a usage problem or product bug we will happily receive any form of report. We do not require any formal structure for such a message. Naturally though, the more concise and direct the information you provide the easier it will be for us to get to the nub of your issue. In addition to the information above, please try to:
- Include the name of your operating system and whether it is 32- or 64-bit
- Describe the circumstances (e.g. compiler invocation and switches, linking options, any libraries involved) under which the issue arises - if it is occurring during command-line operation then including the precise sequence of commands for triggering the issue, which we could easily copy and paste to recreate on one of our own systems, will be appreciated
- Attach any code that is needed to demonstrate the problem. The more directly this shows the issue the more useful it will be to us. If the issue relies on certain input data, please give us the data. If you are reporting a suspected bug in a compiler or library, it's helpful if you can make your code as small as possible; however, ultimately we will accept responsibility for reducing a large piece of code down to a direct trigger for the problem in question, so please feel free to pass any code 'as is' if you wish and leave the rest of the work to us
As a general rule it is far better if you can give us a complete program and any required data or other modules, rather than giving us code snippets, or general descriptions of problems, which might lead us into misunderstanding the exact nature of an issue. We do appreciate that sometimes you may be constrained in what you can send us, so even if you can't meet all the criteria discussed above, we want to hear about it!
Our core business days are Monday through Friday and our UK and US based offices provide support to cover respective public holidays. It is possible that support calls will be picked up outside of the core hours.
UK, Europe & Rest of the World
08:30 to 17:00 (UTC) (During Daylight saving time the time zone will change to UTC +1:00)
08:30 to 17:00 CST (UTC -6:00) (During Daylight saving time the time zone will change to UTC -5:00)
09:00 to 17:00 JST (UTC +9 hours)
- new product updates which are made available on a regular basis primarily to offer users enhanced functionality and performance.
- maintenance releases which are made available as appropriate. These may provide some increased functionality but are mainly distributed to ensure that users are supplied with materials which have been corrected for any errors found and also include the provision of any revised documentation.
- the known issues pages contain a list of errors or other problems which are known to exist in the NAG Library. Some of these errors may have been fixed at intermediate "point" releases, while other fixes are scheduled for incorporation at future releases. For library Marks where those fixes are not yet incorporated, a workaround for the known problem is provided wherever possible.
- access to our team of domain specialists and developers who have many years of technical experience developing numerical code and are available to offer advice on a wide range of areas including:
- product functionality
- diagnosis of user problems
- provision of temporary fixes or workarounds to assist users ahead of standard updates
- product availability for specific operating systems/compilers
- advice on the best NAG functionality for your application needs
- product installation
- wide range of documentation and technical reports
- provision of appropriate replacement licences should you need to replace/transfer your NAG product to another platform of the same type.
Each request for support is logged with a unique reference number to help track each query until completion. Each enquiry is acknowledged and passed on to an expert in that area who will fully investigate the problem and provide, wherever possible, a speedy response to the issue. In some instances, due to the nature of some enquiries, it is not possible to provide a definitive response in the short term, so any outstanding enquiries are regularly reviewed to ensure that you get the support you require.
We regularly analyse support enquiries to better understand how we can improve and develop our products and services.