NAG Technical Support Service
A vital part of our ethos is our Technical Support Service - we aim to make sure that, from day one, users gain maximum benefit from the investment they have made in our latest products and services. NAG Technical Support has, based on overwhelmingly positive feedback from users, earned an enviable reputation for the reliability and timeliness of problem resolution.
When contacting the technical support desk please provide the following information, as a minimum, to enable us to deal with your support request in an efficient and timely manner.
- NAG customer reference number or organization name and address
- NAG Product name and version (for example - C Library Mark 26)
- NAG Product code (for example - CLW6I26DEL)
If you are contacting us about a usage problem or product bug we will happily receive any form of report. We do not require any formal structure for such a message. Naturally though, the more concise and direct the information you provide the easier it will be for us to get to the nub of your issue. In addition to the information above, please try to:
- Include the name of your operating system and whether it is 32- or 64-bit
- Describe the circumstances (e.g. compiler invocation and switches, linking options, any libraries involved) under which the issue arises - if it is occurring during command-line operation then including the precise sequence of commands for triggering the issue, which we could easily copy and paste to recreate on one of our own systems, will be appreciated
- Attach any code that is needed to demonstrate the problem. The more directly this shows the issue the more useful it will be to us. If the issue relies on certain input data, please give us the data. If you are reporting a suspected bug in a compiler or library, it's helpful if you can make your code as small as possible; however, ultimately we will accept responsibility for reducing a large piece of code down to a direct trigger for the problem in question, so please feel free to pass any code 'as is' if you wish and leave the rest of the work to us
As a general rule it is far better if you can give us a complete program and any required data or other modules, rather than giving us code snippets, or general descriptions of problems, which might lead us into misunderstanding the exact nature of an issue. We do appreciate that sometimes you may be constrained in what you can send us, so even if you can't meet all the criteria discussed above, we want to hear about it!
Despite rigorous testing and validation it is impossible to guarantee that distributed software products are error free. NAG maintains a list of known issues that may be present in the software available to our users.
NAG offer various flexible licensing arrangements to meet the needs of our customers whether single user or enterprise site licences for large corporations.
The Installer's and Users' Notes are essential reading for users of NAG's software.
Kusari is the licence management system used for NAG products. Learn more about the system.
Most of NAG's products available for download are provided as a fully-functional version of the software.
Underpinning the quality of all NAG software is our renowned and comprehensive documentation to help users gain maximum benefit.
Delve into our Technical Report Repository to read papers by NAG experts and collaborators covering a wide range of numerical subject areas that can help with project research.
News, views and insights from NAG staff and collaborators. The Blog offers technical tips so that users get the most from our products.
- Fast access to our team of domain specialists and developers who have many years of technical experience developing numerical code.
- Timely resolution of user problems.
- New product updates - offering enhanced functionality and performance.
- Maintenance releases - correcting known issues and providing revised documentation materials.
- Maintained Known Issues for the NAG Fortran Library and the Known Issues for the NAG C Library documents to reflect all reported and resolved issues that affect various releases of the NAG Library. Providing workarounds wherever possible.
- Advice on a wide range of areas including:
- the best NAG functionality for user application needs
- product availability for specific operating systems/compilers
- product installation
- wide range of documentation and technical reports
- Provision of appropriate replacement licences should you need to replace/transfer your NAG product to another platform of the same type.
Each request for support is logged with a unique reference number to help track each query until completion. Each enquiry is acknowledged and passed on to an expert in that area who will fully investigate the problem and provide, wherever possible, a speedy response to the issue. In some instances, due to the nature of some enquiries, it is not possible to provide a definitive response in the short term, so any outstanding enquiries are regularly reviewed to ensure that you get the support you require. Support enquiries are regularly analysed to better understand how we can improve and develop our products and services.
Europe & Rest of the World
Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd
Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford , OX2 8DR, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)1865 311744
Numerical Algorithms Group Inc
801 Warrenville Road, Suite 185, Lisle IL 60532 - 4332, USA.
Tel: +1 630 971 2337
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Nihon Numerical Algorithms Group KK
Hatchobori Frontier Building 2F, 4-9-9 Hatchobori, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0032, JAPAN.
Tel: +81 3 5542 6311
Hours of Business
Our core business days are Monday through Friday and our UK and US based offices provide support to cover respective public holidays. It is possible that support calls will be picked up outside of the core hours.
UK, Europe & Rest of the World
08:30 to 17:00 (UTC) (During Daylight saving time the time zone will change to UTC +1:00)
08:30 to 17:00 CST (UTC -8:00) (During Daylight saving time the time zone will change to UTC – 7:00)
09:00 to 17:00 JST (UTC +9 hours)