We are looking to expand our High Performance Computing (HPC) consulting team. If you have hands-on experience as a HPC System Architect and/or HPC Systems Administrator and would like to apply that experience to help others in their Cloud HPC journey, then this would be a fantastic opportunity for you to apply and develop your skills.
NAG’s HPC consultants work with a variety of customers on projects typically associated with performance of HPC applications and systems, including benchmarking, software profiling and optimization, porting codes to new architectures, tuning systems and advising on hardware selection. We also advise upon and implement HPC solutions within various cloud environments. NAG’s consultants have significant direct customer interactions and some travel (circumstances permitting).
As a team member at NAG you will:
- Work with expert teammates in a collaborative style to solve some difficult problems as well as working with others outside your team to help shape the delivery of our services and HPC offering.
- We partner with all the main cloud providers; you’ll get lots of experience working with different systems!
- Get help developing your skills and participate in regular knowledge sharing events.
- Enjoy working from the comfort of your home office. Snack whenever you like and wear comfortable clothing.
- Build Cloud HPC infrastructure, including developing customized solutions for customers; from selecting the right instance types and configuration management to full workflow management.
- Help develop new IP for Cloud HPC.
- Analyse and optimize the performance of systems and applications.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience as an HPC Systems Architect or HPC Systems Administration in a production environment. For example:
- Configuring batch schedulers such as SLURM or PBS.
- Configuring HPC storage systems such as Lustre.
- Installing and tuning HPC applications and libraries.
- Experience in full system performance analysis and tuning.
- Experience of architecting a new HPC cluster.
- Well versed in common scripting languages (ie Python, Bash etc) as well as working knowledge of lower level languages (ie C, C++, Fortran).
- As the post will involve direct customer interactions, we would expect excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- The personal traits of curiosity, enthusiasm and flexibility. You’ll be learning about our clients and the challenges they face, as well as new technologies and how to apply them. Discovering problems and ways to fix them. You’ll also need to be able to work with (and rapidly learn) unfamiliar tools and software.
Things that will make you stand out from other applicants
- Cloud certification (we will help you become familiar with multiple clouds and specialize in at least one)
- Familiarity with systems management and deployment tools
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code tools and cloud Cost Management techniques
- Experience developing infrastructure and applications for Cloud
Culture and Benefits
We provide a host of benefits including a competitive salary (dependent on experience) , private health care (we cover the tax on your premium too!), 30 days annual leave (with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days) and a generous pension scheme to which we contribute over 20% of your salary. Our structure means that we get to know each employee as an individual and the contribution their work brings to our organisational successes, allowing us to recognise and reward our rising stars. We also offer a flexible, agile style of working.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Want to apply, but want more details? If you’d like to discuss the position in more detail, please drop us an email and we’ll get right back to you for an informal chat.
We believe that a diverse workforce helps us develop innovative products and services. To enable this, we operate a blind recruitment process and all information with the potential to introduce conscious or unconscious bias will be redacted during the shortlisting process.
Closing Date: 20th August 2021