We strive to provide all of our customers with the highest standard of software and we are continually developing and updating our products to ensure that we are in a position to offer our customers the latest numerical techniques available.
NAG software is deployed by users around the world and has been for many decades. Each new release of our software undergoes a very rigorous testing and quality assurance program to ensure that our products remain accurate, reliable and fit for purpose.
A vital part of our ethos is our technical support service - we aim to make sure that, from day one, users gain maximum benefit from the investment they have made in our latest products and services.
NAG technical support has, based on overwhelmingly positive feedback from users, earned an enviable reputation for the reliability and timeliness of problem resolution.
What characterises NAG support and makes it so different from the usual?
The NAG team are specialists in numerical and statistical software development, in fact the development team share responsibility for the support of our software. This unusual situation arises because we firmly believe that in order to effectively support complex software the technicians must be both experienced and understand the intricacies of the computational techniques. This conviction is reflected in the composition of the team most of whom are qualified to PhD level and have combined experience of software support in excess of 50 years.
We offer support via a dedicated technical support desk which provides a central point of contact for support queries relating to NAG products and services.
Our support team can be contacted by email or telephone at the locations detailed below.
What our users say about the Technical Support Service and NAG
Our support services continue to receive regular praise from those who subscribe. Here are a few examples from around the world.
‘ I had an urgent query and it was addressed quickly and the problem was fully resolved. Fantastic service, thank you.’
The NAG Technical Support Service includes:
- new product updates which are made available on a regular basis primarily to offer users enhanced functionality and performance.
- maintenance releases which are made available as appropriate. These may provide some increased functionality but are mainly distributed to ensure that users are supplied with materials which have been corrected for any errors found and also include the provision of any revised documentation.
- the Fortran Library Error Bulletin and the C Library Error Bulletin contain a list of errors or other problems which are known to exist in the NAG Library. Some of these errors may have been fixed at intermediate "point" releases, while other fixes are scheduled for incorporation at future releases. For library Marks where those fixes are not yet incorporated, a workaround for the known problem is provided wherever possible.
- access to our team of domain specialists and developers who have many years of technical experience developing numerical code and are available to offer advice on a wide range of areas including:
- product functionality
- diagnosis of user problems
- provision of temporary fixes or workarounds to assist users ahead of standard updates
- product availability for specific operating systems/compilers
- advice on the best NAG functionality for your application needs
- product installation
- wide range of documentation and technical reports
- provision of appropriate replacement licences should you need to replace/transfer your NAG product to another platform of the same type.
Each request for support is logged with a unique reference number to help track each query until completion. Each enquiry is acknowledged and passed on to an expert in that area who will fully investigate the problem and provide, wherever possible, a speedy response to the issue. In some instances, due to the nature of some enquiries, it is not possible to provide a definitive response in the short term, so any outstanding enquiries are regularly reviewed to ensure that you get the support you require.
We regularly analyse support enquiries to better understand how we can improve and develop our products and services.
Contacting the NAG Technical Support Service
When contacting the technical support desk please provide the following information to enable us to deal with your support request in an efficient and timely manner.
- NAG customer reference number or organization name and address
- NAG Product name and version (for example - C Library Mark 25)
- NAG Product code (for example - CLW6I25DAL)
If you are contacting us about a usage problem or product bug we will happily receive any form of report, as long as the information items above are included. We do not require any formal structure for such a message. Naturally though, the more concise and direct the information that you provide us with the easier it will be for us to get to the nub of your issue. The usual best practices apply in this case. Please try to:
- Include the name of your operating system and whether it is 32- or 64-bit
- Describe the circumstances (e.g. compiler invocation and switches, linking options, any libraries involved) under which the issue arises - if it is occurring during command-line operation then including the precise sequence of commands for triggering the issue, which we could easily copy and paste to recreate on one of our own systems, will be appreciated
- Attach any code that is needed to demonstrate the problem. The more directly this shows the issue the more useful it will be to us. If the issue relies on certain input data, please give us the data. If you are reporting a suspected bug in a compiler or library, it's helpful if you can make your code as small as possible; however, ultimately we will accept responsibility for reducing a large piece of code down to a direct trigger for the problem in question, so please feel free to pass any code 'as is' if you wish and leave the rest of the work to us
As a general rule it is far better if you can give us a complete program and any required data or other modules, rather than giving us code snippets, or general descriptions of problems, which might lead us into misunderstanding the exact nature of an issue.
We do appreciate that sometimes you may be constrained in what you can send us for various reasons, so even if you can't meet all the criteria discussed above, we want to hear about it!
Europe & Rest of the World - from 08.00 to 17.00 GMT
Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd
Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford , OX2 8DR, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)1865 311744
North America - from 8.30 to 17.00 CST
Numerical Algorithms Group Inc
801 Warrenville Road, Suite 185, Lisle IL 60532 - 4332, USA.
Tel: +1 630 971 2337
Email : email@example.com
Japan - from 9.00 to 17.00 JST
Nihon Numerical Algorithms Group KK
Hatchobori Frontier Building 2F, 4-9-9 Hatchobori, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0032, JAPAN.
Tel: +81 3 5542 6311