: the value of flag
indicates the stage of the stepwise selection of explanatory variables.
- Variable var was added to the current model.
- Beginning the backward elimination step.
- Variable var failed the collinearity test and is excluded from the model.
- Variable var was dropped from the current model.
- Beginning the forward selection step
- Backward elimination did not remove any variables from the current model.
- Starting stepwise selection procedure.
- The variance ratio for variable var takes the value val.
- Finished stepwise selection procedure.