The NAG C Library Manual - Mark 24
Can be viewed on-line in the following formats:
- HTML: the full manual available as HTML (using HTML5 features such as MathML and SVG in suitable browsers);
- PDF: the same manual as above, consisting of many PDF files, which may be browsed using PDF bookmarks or via the HTML table of contents pages;
- Single file PDF: the manual as a single PDF file;
- ZIP file: the archive as a ZIP file (124MB);
- Windows html help: Windows html help version as a single file;
(Note: due to Windows security restrictions the help file may not be read directly from the internet. Save a copy to your local disk, and then read the local copy. Also depending on the Windows version installed you may need to unblock files copied from the internet before they may be used (right click on the help file and select properties then select the "unblock" button).
Advice on viewing and navigating the first three formats can be found in the Online Documentation help document. You are strongly advised to read this document if you wish to try the HTML+MathML format.
The two single file formats are more compact than the formats using one file per routine, but of course are a larger download if you only need to view the documentation for a few routines.
The Library is organized into Chapters - each being documented with its own Introduction and Contents list followed by a comprehensive document for each function detailing its purpose, description, list of parameters and possible error exits. Example programs and results are also supplied. All examples are available on-line to facilitate their use as templates for the users' calling programs.
The Error Bulletin for the NAG C Library contains a list of errors or other problems which are known to exist in the NAG C Library, along with suggested workarounds where possible.
The NAG C Library Manual - prior releases
Installer's Notes and Users' Notes
Support documentation for the installation and use of each implementation of the NAG C Library is available.