NAGWare f95 Compiler for Windows
The Microsoft Windows implementation of NAGWare f95 has been updated to Release 5.0. All the language features of this release, including some new Fortran 2003 language enhancements are now available on this platform. The new release does not require the download of a C compiler, as the MinGW gcc compiler is bundled with the product.
The NAGWare f95 Compiler Release 5.0 is now available for:
- Apple Mac OS X
- Compaq Unix OSF/1
- HPUX 11
- IBM AIX
- Itanium IA64 Linux, Linux, AMD64 Linux
- Silicon Graphics Irix 6
- Solaris(SunPro C) and Solaris(GCC) platforms
- Microsoft Windows
The new GUI debugger, available on most platforms, will be widely appreciated by our customers.
Additional Fortran 2003 features provide early access to more of the Fortran language of the future, adding to a growing list of Fortran 2003 extensions implemented in NAGWare f95.
Key features of the new release are improvements in performance and error checking.
- a new debugger with a graphical user interface
- object-oriented programming support from the draft Fortran 2003 standard:
- extensible types
- polymorphic variables
- type selection
- typed allocation
- other new features from the Fortran 2003 draft:
- VOLATILE attribute
- pointer rank remapping
- revised and improved memory tracing facilities
- additional checking facilities:
- dangling pointer detection
- invalid recursion detection
- undefined variable detection
- performance enhancements,in particular for
- complex intrinsic functions
- array operations and array intrinsic functions
- other minor extensions and enhancements