What is it?
NAG Fortran Builder is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the Microsoft Windows version of the NAG Fortran Compiler. It has been developed by the team behind NAG's Compilers & Tools to provide comprehensive features that will be invaluable to developers, including a GUI. The command line version of the compiler is still included in Fortran Builder for users who want to persist with the previous interface.
Fortran Builder has a wide range of key features that make it extremely easy to use. They include:
- Produces either 32- or 64-bit code on 64-bit Windows systems (32-bit code only on 32-bit Windows systems)
- GUI debugger
- Integrated help system
- "Pretty Printer" - also converts fixed to free format
- Call graph generator
- Interface block builder
- Quad precision real
- Informative runtime error messages
- Set default Project Settings & reset option
- I/O library multi-threaded for performance
- Improved Random Number Generator
- Integrated NAG Library support
- Additional integrated libraries: OpenGL, GTK+
- Quick execution mode
- Jump to location of runtime errors
- Memory leak detection built into the compiler
Fortran Builder projects include Console Application, Static Library, DLL and projects using various numerical libraries. Once the desired project type has been selected and named, files can be added to the project.
Existing Fortran source files can be added to the project using the usual Windows file opening dialogue. These files can be edited using the built-in Fortran-aware editor, which can also be used to create new files. The
editor uses colour coding of syntax elements to make the source code more readable and features keyword completion.
Building projects using the Fortran Builder is incredibly simple. A click of the build button and that is all. Subsequent builds only recompile files that have been updated. And if the default options are not suitable,
it is simple to change them using Project Settings.
Incorporated in Fortran Builder is a GUI debugger to help solve any runtime problems. The debugging system makes quick work of correcting code allowing the user to get back to the work in hand.
Fortran Builder compiles and automatically links with an appropriate, licensed NAG Fortran Library or NAG Library for SMP & Multicore implementation. It also comes with precompiled LAPACK Libraries.
The help system within Fortran Builder not only gives general advice but will also suggest the right compiler options for your scenario. It also includes an extensive Fortran language guide.
- Access to numerical functionality via libraries
- Expert in-built help system including Fortran language guide
- Integrated GUI debugger
- Colour coding of syntax
- Fortran-aware editor
- Keyword completion
- Pretty Printer Tool (Polish)
- Call Graph Generator
- Interface block builder
- Quickly create models, analyse data and solve problems
- Makes more effective use of the IDE and helps the user to choose the right compiler options
- Swiftly and easily solve runtime errors
- Makes the source code easier to read
To purchase the NAG Fortran Builder please contact us.