NAG and Microsoft Excel
Learn how to maximize Excel's potential with the NAG Library
One of the major benefits of the NAG Library is its inherent flexibility; it can be used by programmers developing in traditional languages, or by users of modern software packages and programming environments, like Microsoft Excel.
To make using the NAG Library easy, we provide the Library as a Dynamic Link Library (DLL). Despite the relatively simple methods of linking to the Library from Excel, it is important to note that to gain benefit from NAG routines in this manner you will need to be capable of programming in either Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or Visual Studio for Office (VSTO).
The 'NAG and Microsoft Excel' area of the NAG website has been created as a central repository for those wishing to:
- Learn about linking NAG functionality to Excel via the NAG DLLs
- Open, view and experiment with NAG routine examples from within Excel
- Use the NAG Library for .NET in Excel
- Read white papers and technical reports on using NAG in Excel
- Leave feedback for NAG's technical team on your experiences on using NAG in Excel and / or suggest future development ideas