NAG Schools Excel Add-in (N-SEA)
Designed by teachers. Developed by experts in mathematical software.
N-SEA is a Microsoft Excel Add-in developed by NAG to support instruction in statistics. N-SEA enables even greater use of Microsoft Excel� as a tool for teaching and will unlock more functionality within your software.
In the UK, N-SEA is an important tool to aid the teaching of mathematics, statistics and information and communications (ICT) at GCSE and A Level. N-SEA has received approval from the UK government agency Curriculum Online for use with eLearning Credits.
In North America, N-SEA assists instructors of high school advanced placement and introductory college-level courses with a low cost Add-in for Excel to support instruction in statistics and decision analysis.
"N-SEA is making teaching statistics so much easier and more rewarding for both myself and my classes. Letting the students 'see' exactly the graph they need to produce is invaluable - my students liked being able to check their cumulative frequency curves against the computer's. Being able to compare many cumulative frequency curves and box-plots instantly helps them, through discussion, gain a true understanding of their meaning. It's a relief for Excel (via N-SEA) to 'understand' continuous data at last!"
- Alice Freeman, Mathematics teacher, Wallingford School, Oxfordshire
Unlock power and functionality. Increase learning in your classroom.
N-SEA is the perfect tool for the teaching environment because the majority of teachers and students have some familiarity with Excel and so users do not have to spend valuable time learning a new software package. N-SEA is used in conjunction with Excel and will enhance learning techniques helping teachers and students achieve excellent results.
- N-SEA sits on top of Excel, therefore there is no need to learn a new package. If you can use Excel, you can use N-SEA.
- N-SEA takes its data directly from Excel workbooks, therefore data can easily be entered and manipulated using the tools supplied by Excel prior to graph production.
- N-SEA allows data to be entered either as frequency tables, or raw data.
- N-SEA charts are Excel charts and can therefore be freely printed or transferred to other Microsoft packages, for example Word or PowerPoint, to aid report generation.
N-SEA Key Functionality
N-SEA has received approval from the UK government agency Curriculum Online for use with eLearning Credits. These credits are money set aside for UK schools to spend on multimedia resources, generally defined as items of educational software designed to support the teaching of the curriculum in England.