NAG and Aerospace
The Numerical Algorithms Group (NAG) provides two valuable benefits for Aerospace engineers. Namely:
- High quality Numerical Routines, and
- High Performance Computing expertise.
NAG offers hundreds of robust routines that can be used to help you more quickly produce reliable and accurate code in any area that have complex numerical requirements, which includes many disciplines of aerospace design, such as: Propulsion design, Airframe and structures, Control systems, Design optimization, Simulation systems, Statistical models, Resource planning, Airflow design, Fuel load optimization, Resonance modelling and Turbulence problems.
The NAG Library strengthens engineering application capabilities in many numerical and statistical areas such as:
- Optimization - local and global
- Ordinary and partial differential equations
- Wavelet and Fourier transforms
- Partial least squares and ridge regression
- Nearest correlation matrix
- Mesh generation
- Roots of nonlinear equations
- Eigenvalue problems
- Linear and nonlinear least squares problems
- Curve and surface fitting and interpolation
- Large, sparse systems of linear equations
- Random number generation
- Correlation and regression analysis
- Multivariate methods
- Analysis of variance and contingency table analysis
- Time series analysis
- Nonparametric statistics
- Curve and surface fitting
- Analysis of variance
- Goodness-of-fit tests
The NAG HPC services team helps aerospace engineers who work with various High Performance Computing (HPC) platforms to offer solutions to some of the most intractable problems, and porting to and exploiting the best performance out of clients HPC platforms.
Take a look at these two reports as examples:
Come to NAG for help if you have complex numerical computing work to do, as people from many leading aerospace and computing companies have done for over four decades.